I earn commission on purchases on this website. This helps me continue my work helping people. Thanks for your support!
You can if you think you can. Let me explain why I believe this is true.
One of the most important things you need to be successful is to believe in your ability, believe in yourself (Robbins, 2004). It’s easier said than done, I know. The thing you have to remember though is that confidence is one of the most decisive factors that separates those who succeed from those who don’t. Even if you are highly talented, a lack of belief in yourself and your abilities will make it much more difficult for you to succeed.
Yes, it is your thinking that really helps or hurts you. Imagine having a difficult task or problem to solve, how much easier do you think it is when you are positive and think that you can do it, (whatever it may be)? And how difficult do you think it will be if you lack confidence?
Believe You Can and You Will
Belief and perseverance are key if you want to succeed. Writers like J.K. Rowling and Steven King are living testimonies to this. Do you know how many times they were rejected before they made their big breakthroughs? J.K. Rowling was broke and living on welfare and was turned down time after time before she was able to create the masterpiece that is Harry Potter. Stephen King was told his books dealt with “negative utopias” and that they “won’t sell”. You may think that they are extremely talented or even that they are once in a generation writers.
While they may be somewhat gifted, I truly believe that many of us possess similar gifts, not necessarily in writing, but whatever it is that we are passionate about. The problem is that many of us aren’t aware of it. Many of us don’t believe in ourselves the way J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, or pretty much any other successful person did. Because to succeed, you must first fail, again and again.
If you don’t believe in yourself, in your abilities, if you let the first person who doesn’t like your work bring you down and give up on your dream, you may just lose your spark and settle for much less than you deserve. If you can somehow muster up the courage and strength to persist, to chase your dreams and to keep believing in yourself though, the outcome could be an entirely different world.
Henry Ford said:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.”
- Enjoy the excitement of an amazing new journey to unstoppable self confidence.
- Finally understand the steps you can take to build your confidence.
- Believe in yourself more.
- Experience the motivation of setting goals that matter to you.
- Enjoy a positive sense of hope and optimism in your own future.
- Enjoy the benefits of visualisation.
- Get your Confidence Master Plan Now! It's free!
I absolutely agree with that quotation. More than half the battle in anything challenging is with yourself. Self belief takes you half way to succeeding.
What else makes you successful?
There are a number of things that can help you become successful. Let’s now look at these:
- Strength of Mind and your willpower. Once you have the self belief you can get started but what keeps you going? Something must motivate you to continue even through those moments that seem impossible. Willpower will help you to stay focused and not give in even when you begin to question what you are doing.
- There is another quality closely connected with will power and it makes a huge difference between success and failure. The ability to manage yourself and keep yourself on the right path despite setbacks or doubts. The ability to stay on track involves self discipline. Successful people are those who can stay focused despite what others think and despite their emotions. Having self discipline will enable you to continuing moving towards your goal. Have you ever heard of the “can do” attitude?
- The correct attitude is very helpful. You need to be positive and open minded. Being negative or easily put off can spell disaster. Your mindset can make or break you. It seems that being positive enables the brain to be more creative and seek solutions whereas negativity just closes your mind to opportunity and makes sure that all you can see is failure.
WANT MORE CONFIDENCE? Click here to Feel better about yourself now
- Doubt can be a killer. It is the source of so much failure and will certainly get in your way if you want to be successful. Of course you don’t have to listen to the doubts in your mind, you can replace them with faith. This faith will lift you to overcome any doubts you have. Faith means believing in something that you cannot prove. It is very powerful and increases your willpower and confidence. What do you believe in? How can this help you to become more successful in what you are trying to do? Having faith in yourself is a very important characteristic in successful people and is especially necessary if others doubt you. If you have faith in yourself you will not care what they say. Check this issue of my newsletter for some more about faith.
The Role of Self Confidence
We have talked about factors that help you be successful and that if you think you can do something you truly can. Self confidence is very powerful and something you need if you want to succeed. Some people have natural self confidence, ever wondered why?
Some people have the natural ability to look at things from a positive angle. They are lucky to be that way. That kind of person behaves without fear because they just believe they will succeed. Why? Many of these people may have been brought up to think like this and may have been lucky enough to get the right amount of support from their families at just the right time in their life. For others, that natural self confidence may have been learned. It can be developed. Either way if you have to work at being more confident you are not alone. Everyone faces negativity and doubt. Building your self confidence will pay dividends and bring you a much happier life.
One great way to develop the confidence that you need is to use the power of your subconscious mind. Self hypnosis is a quick and easy way for you to do this. With the help of a program you can download you could be changing your life sooner than you think. If you have never tried this then click on the link below to find out more:
It’s easy and it works! Try Building Confidence now and see how.
Robbins, S. (2004) “Is Belief Crucial to Success?” Harvard Business school https://hbswk.hbs.edu/archive/is-belief-crucial-to-success
Website Author and Editor Bio
Karl Perera is a fully qualified Life Coach (DipLC), Teacher (MA) and author of Self Esteem Secrets. He has taught at various universities including Durham, Leicester and Anglia Ruskin, Cambridge. He has run More-SelfEsteem.com since 1997 and is an expert in Self Esteem and Self Confidence.