I earn commission on purchases on this website. This helps me continue my work helping people. Thanks for your support!
Another extremely helpful article about confidence, self esteem and chasing your dreams. I will list for you my top ten tips for making your goals and aspirations in life become your reality.
Please leave a comment at the bottom and tell me what you think and maybe even tell us what your dreams are!
- Before you ever hope to achieve anything you need to create a dream, a vision of what exactly you want. Your dream needs to be clear in your mind as it is this image that will drive you to succeed in achieving it. If you are unclear about what you want, as you may well be, you need to find your passion and set yourself some goals. Focus on things you are passionate about and you will soon figure out what your dreams are and what it is you want to do in life. You can then start to build your vision. While doing so, believe that you will succeed, and your belief will help create the fact.
- Forget what has passed. Your dream does not depend on what happened before but what you do from now on. Your history, your background is not something which decides if you can succeed. For example, some people see themselves as having a disadvantage and even persuade themselves that success is more difficult for them because of their race, their age or whatever else they believe limits them. The truth is it is not your age or anything else that limits you but what you think. An example of this is Colonel Sanders of KFC fame. You know the old guy who invented the recipe for KFC chicken and made millions. He didn’t see his age as a problem and he completely changed what he was doing and made a fortune. He actually started selling chicken when he was 40. He had started working 22 years before that and got fired a couple of times. He had a short and limited career in the army and was not a Colonel. This was an honorary title given to him by the State of Kentucky due to his accomplishments in business.
- Work doing something you love. If you do this it won’t seem like work at all. Try the opposite, (many people do just that, they hate their job), and see how difficult it s to make a success of it.
- Have confidence and belief in yourself. This is also related to your self esteem. Believing you can reach the dreams and goals you set yourself is half the battle.
- Be prepared to give first and what you give will pay back tenfold. Don’t expect others to give you and think that the take mentality will get you anywhere. Always think how you can help others and they will thank you in kind. Business and personal life work in the same way. Those who take all the time are never successful. Take your time and give of yourself and you will be rewarded.
- Learn from your mistakes and be happy that you made them for they have shown you what doesn’t work which brings you closer to knowing what does. If you see mistakes as necessary steps to learning and improving then you will never fear failure. This means you will never avoid doing what is necessary in case it doesn’t work. Learn every day from the lessons that life gives you. Learning is timeless and priceless. If you are open and receptive to it, you’ll learn new things on a daily basis. It is a continuous process, we are constantly evolving in our thinking, our relationships, our interactions, our careers. Take it all as a learning experience to help you get to your destination, and you will be empowered to push the limits rather than disencouraged to the point of giving up. This is the true path to success and achieving your goals.
- Developing new and creative ideas continues on from the above. To do this you need to dream and take chances. Maybe your ideas won’t work at first but if you persist you may create something truly original and what could be more successful than that?
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. No-one can know everything. The person who never asks for help and goes it alone is often low in self esteem and afraid of looking weak or stupid. Admit your weaknesses and accept you need to learn more. Cooperation is one of the cornerstones of reaching your dreams. Maybe someone you know may share your dream and help you to achieve it quicker than you ever could on your own so don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Be positive whenever you can. Mistakes, as we have said, are a part of the journey towards achieving your goals and without positivity you may give up before you succeed. Attitude is everything.
- Don’t be selfish while chasing your dreams. Help others to succeed and want others to be successful. If you are jealous of others’ success or if you want others to fail you build everything on negative emotions and trap yourself in failure. This is in tune with no.5 above that you should give first. Don’t be so concerned with only yourself and you will open yourself to the benefits of cooperation and friendship.
There is so much more I could have added to this list but the important thing is to concentrate on the points above and you’ll soon start moving forward. As long as you have a positive attitude, are honest with yourself and have the self belief and persistence to get through the obstacles, then you can achieve anything you want. Know this and take action to create the future you deserve. Good luck!
If you want to improve how you feel about yourself then check this out! Self hypnosis really works, check out the link below and take action now!
The Success Factor
The Success Factor CD contains 4 specially selected hypnosis sessions.
Inspiring Speech by Steve Jobs
Follow your heart. Love and loss. Purpose. It’s all hear in a short video talk. Watch it.
Website Author and Editor Bio
- Enjoy the excitement of an amazing new journey to unstoppable self confidence.
- Finally understand the steps you can take to build your confidence.
- Believe in yourself more.
- Experience the motivation of setting goals that matter to you.
- Enjoy a positive sense of hope and optimism in your own future.
- Enjoy the benefits of visualisation.
- Get your Confidence Master Plan Now! It's free!
Karl Perera is a fully qualified Life Coach (DipLC), Teacher (MA) and author of Self Esteem Secrets. He has taught at various universities including Durham, Leicester and Anglia Ruskin, Cambridge. He has run More-SelfEsteem.com since 1997 and is an expert in Self Esteem and Self Confidence.