Some of the links in this post are affiliate links which help me to run and develop this website. If you click one of these links and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
This is something that seems to scare many people and I’m one of them. The reason why it is so terrifying is that you are performing in front of lots of people who you may or may not know well. There really is no logic to this fear that most people feel when giving a presentation or speech. Let me try to show you why and how you can become a better public speaker.
Public speaking is very much a question of self confidence. But how can you look and feel confident when faced with the challenge of giving a presentation or speech to a large number of people? Firstly, feeling and thinking confidently are connected. What’s more if you feel confident it will show and the reaction you get from your audience will be a positive boost to your confidence which will spur you on to success.
Let’s start with the problem though. Being terrified of public speaking. What can you do about this? Try the following:
- If you have to speak in public then rehearse well and have all the information, notes etc. in advance so that you will feel well prepared.
- Go over the event in your mind and see yourself coping with the situation well and foresee any potential problems you may have but see yourself dealing even with those with complete confidence.
- See the speech or presentation as a challenge, a positive opportunity to improve yourself.
- Learn to slow down when you are under stress, most people panic and rush ahead but you need to calm yourself and slow down, this will look more confident. If you think you look more confident you will feel more confident
- Always smile and you will look and feel more confident.
- Learn to relax your muscles and remove tension from your body. Here is a wonderful relaxation technique that will help you with public speaking.
Most people who give speeches or presentations confidently have learnt the skill. Just think of it as a skill you need to learn and with practice you can be a confident speaker too. Be sure of this. There are many different techniques you can use to help you through the experience of public speaking and I would like to suggest you use affirmations (repeating positive things over and over to yourself), self hypnosis can also be used very effectively. Check out the following information about self hypnosis and learn more about how it can help you with this and many more problems.
Your problem could be connected with fear of failure and if so remember that if you concentrate on failing you most probably will. Think about and convince yourself that you can do this successfully. Visualize yourself as a successful public speaker and see yourself handling the situation skilfully and confidently. Focus and you will succeed.
Maybe you have a problem with shyness if so then check out this page about what you can do to overcome your shyness. I’ve faced this problem for many years and you can overcome it like I have but you have to face it and beat it.
Recommended – Face up to the challenge of public speaking!
Become a better public speaker. Get this public speaking self-hypnosis program now and see how your life will be transformed by the confidence it gives you.