Some of the links in this post are affiliate links which help me to run and develop this website. If you click one of these links and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Article: “Setting Goals – the road to self confidence” – by Karl Perera (That’s me)
In this article I would like to show you the importance of goal-setting and how it will help you increase your self confidence and your self esteem as you succeed in anything you try.
When I started this website, for example, I just pieced it together without much thought or idea where it was going. I almost gave up several times because I was not achieving what I wanted. About a year ago I re-evaluated what I wanted to do with the site, what its focus was and planned how I would achieve step by step the targets I needed to achieve to succeed.
A year later I have achieved everything I set out to and more, I have gained confidence every step of the way and I have been inspired by my results to continue and even enlarge the project beyond what I had originally foreseen. My achievements have amazed me!
No matter what you want to achieve this is the way to go. Small reachable goals. You will be surprised how quickly these small steps build into giant leaps. You will achieve.
Why is Goal-Setting Important?
- Having something to aim at is motivating
- Goals keep you focused on what you must do to succeed
- Achieving goals is satisfying and builds your self confidence
- Goals allow you to measure success and allow you to reward yourself at each step
How to Set Goals
- Make weekly and monthly goals so you can regularly experience achievement and self confidence in your ability to move forward
- Goals should be challenging but achievable so that you can manage to reach them and if you exceed them you will have reason to be happy and feel even better
- Choose goals which relate to the most important aspects of your project
- Make goals quantifiable – numbers are easy to compare and the best way to increase performance
- Keep track of goals set and achieved so that you can see how far you’ve come – this will motivate you
I have also found that two sources of inspiration are invaluable. The first are visual images which lift you to believe in yourself. I love positive messages and motivational posters and recommend you to put a few up around the office or where you work everyday. Check my favourite motivational posters click here
The second is belief in God. Why be alone with your challenge? Use your faith to raise your confidence!
Got a problem to solve? Decision to make? Challenge to face? Want to start a new life? Improve yourself? Use goal-setting to get to where you want to be and set goals so as to enjoy growing self confidence, self esteem and certain success.
Good luck on your road to success!
If you would like to comment on this article please email me
There are many helpful books on self esteem and self confidence. Check out the self help bookstore for my personal selection of the best of these.
LINK OF THE MONTH
If you like taking tests, (as I do), then check out this great site which has hundreds of them on many different subjects:
RECENT POLL RESULTS
In the last poll I asked – what is most important to you?
Here are the results:
1. your family 96 votes 54%
2. your job 2 votes 1%
3. your safety 21 votes 12%
4. your faith in God 44 votes 25%
5. your friends 16 votes 9%