Some of the links in this post are affiliate links which help me to run and develop this website. If you click one of these links and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Welcome to the first newsletter! I am the author and webmaster of www.more-selfesteem.com Karl Perera. Glad you signed up! This issue includes the following items:
1. Article “Self Esteem means feeling good inside: How to feel good inside” by Karl Perera (ME)
2. Inspirational Book and Music CD of the month
3. Link of the Month
4. Coming soon
Build your Self Confidence – Hypnosis downloads – quick, easy and guaranteed to help you build your confidence (prepared by experienced psychologists and gets my full recommendation)
“Self Esteem means feeling good inside: How to feel good inside”
by Karl Perera
Self Esteem is what we experience when we feel good about ourselves and when we feel good inside. What makes you feel good inside?
I think when you feel you like what you are doing, where you are going and feel you have your priorities right. Feeling good means being satisfied with what you have, with what you are doing and where you are going. Next month we will look at how ambition can help or hinder you in your search for self esteem. Let’s continue with this article’s theme……
Don’t make the common mistake of comparing your achievements to someone else or to what you believe you should have done up to this point. You will NEVER measure up and you will bring yourself down. LOW SELF ESTEEM.
What you need to feel good inside is within your power. It is not the result but the route to achievement. You will have high self esteem when you have a sense of direction, satisfaction about your choices and actions and know that you are doing your best and doing something good.
– Do your best and you will respect yourself for it. If you don’t you will know. You can cheat others but not yourself.
– Be honest and kind to others. Give yourself NO chance to be self critical.
– For most people doing good things brings satisfaction and a good feeling inside. If you have done something wrong and feel guilty about it your self esteem will suffer. Try to help others. Spend time with your kids, listen to others, call someone – be nice! Your self opinion will go up and you will feel self respect. The bonus is that others will be grateful to you and this will also boost your self esteem!
– Focus your thoughts on what is right in your life and on what you like. How can you make things better? Don’t neglect ever what you want from life. Some sacrifice is necessary especially if you have family but you don’t have to be a martyr. Self Esteem will only blossom when you decide to love yourself.
– One of the benefits of Self Esteem is confidence in yourself and knowing realistically where you are and where you are going. But careful – don’t aim too high. Keep your sights on small improvements and planning to get where you want to be. Each time you have a small success you can feel happy and motivated to continue.
– Give and be generous! Give your time and of yourself. By doing this you will have no guilt when you want to spend time alone or on your own projects. if you organise yourself you CAN make time for yourself and others. You will feel more in balance and will feel you are living your life.
Concentrate on these points and act on them. Next month I will focus on a different aspect of Self Esteem – being happy with what you have (how to manage ambition).
INSPIRATIONAL BOOK OF THE MONTH
You’ll learn how to become more effective with your actions and feel good more often. The chapters were originally written for a column in Rodale Press’s newsletter At Your Best (now an online newsletter called Balancing Act, which is part of Rodale’s Online Health), where Adam’s column was voted the readers’ favorite.
And this book was designed to be used. It is made to be referred to again and again when you need some counsel. When you’re feeling blue or tired or at the end of your rope, or when you need a boost or just want to feel better, reach for this book. It is easy, enjoyable reading and the chapters are brief. Each of the chapters (there are over a hundred) ends with a simply-stated principle you can apply. If you want to read a couple of chapters click here.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Lots of simple and effective ways to feel good more often and improve your attitude
- How to remove sources of stress from your life
- How to become closer to the people you love
- How and why to become more optimistic
- How to deal with troublemakers and people who bring you down
- Simple things you can do to get the appreciation you deserve
Adam Khan has been published in Prevention Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Tea Magazine, Body Bulletin, Your Personal Best Newsletter, Think and Grow Rich Newsletter, and was a regular columnist for At Your Best for seven years.
My comments: Adam Khan is a great guy and wonderful author. I love this book and recommend it to you – worth every penny!
Visit the Self Help Bookstore now for my latest selection of books about self improvement
LINK OF THE MONTH
Here’s a great link I found by clicking on this one you can read more about self esteem
MUSIC RECOMMENDATION – INSPIRING, POSITIVE MUSIC FOR YOU
I love Enya. Her music is awe-inspiring and I recommend especially Shepherd Moons which I listen to most days to calm my spirit. if you haven’t got the CD I advise you to get it, put it on, sit back and enjoy! Actually, I recommend all of her CDs which you can order now form amazon.com by clicking the following link or CD cover.