Before we start talking about the steps you should follow in order to boost your self confidence let’s think about the benefits that more confidence will give you. How would your life be better if you were more confident?
If you were confident you would definitely worry less and you would believe in your abilities to succeed in whatever you need to do. You would be happier and less stressed. You would feel more excited about living. New opportunities would become possible for you in an instant. Self confidence helps you to believe that you can overcome the most difficult of challenges and enjoy being successful. Your negativity would be a thing of the past and rather than listen to negative comments from others you would encourage yourself to be the fantastic person you know you can be.
Happiness is something that comes from enjoying the challenges that life throws at you and new confidence will bring you both success and happiness. It is often said that happiness is not a result but enjoying the journey you take towards achieving something. How can you enjoy your life’s journey if you are fearful and negative and lack self confidence?
Building confidence will bring you benefits both personally and professionally. Getting a great job and becoming successful in it demands confidence. If you have it you will earn the respect of others and this will boost you further.
If you lack self confidence there is one enemy waiting for you who can strike at any moment. That enemy is depression. One way of avoiding depression is to build your self esteem. Liking yourself is a big part of becoming more confident. Your self esteem will protect you from negative comments and criticisms from others.
Follow These Steps to Become More Confident:
- The following steps and much more can be found on this helpful page about confidence building tips
- Build your self esteem by considering the things you like about yourself and those you don’t. Think about all the things you do like about yourself and write them down where you can read them each day. Now think about everything you don’t like about yourself. Could be your weight, your appearance, whatever. Here’s a truth: you have two choices for each thing you don’t like – either accept it or change it. You cannot change many things so you have to learn how to accept them. The things you can change such as your weight or your fitness you need to get motivated and design a plan to take action and create the change you want. You’ll need willpower but if you truly want to change something then YOU CAN.
- One thing you may like to change is your appearance. You can change how you look and how you feel very quickly by dressing differently. Spending some money on new clothes that make you feel great can have a very positive effect on you and those around you. If you look confident, you’ll feel confident.
- One mistake people often make when trying to build self esteem and confidence is that they concentrate too much on themselves and forget that one of the most important ways to get more from life, (whatever you seek), is to give first. How can this help? If you give others compliments, smiles and positive words then they will return them to you. A giving person receives so much more than he or she gives. Be generous and kind to others and you will attract people who will help you to live a happier and more enjoyable life. Your confidence will soar! Here’s how to boost your self confidence in 15 minutes
- Fears grow with negative thinking and if you avoid the things which scare you your confidence will drop. For example, giving presentations is a common fear but being successful at them will bring many benefits to you both professionally and personally. You should face your fears and work to overcome them so that your success will boost your self belief. Avoiding the things you fear most will make them stronger and hurt your confidence. No pain, no gain!
- You may have a problem with shyness and if so this may make you avoid certain situations or social events. Being sociable is so important in so many areas of life and if you avoid social situations you find difficult the result is as we just described above. Being shy does not have to be permanent. It is something you can certainly change. I used to be very shy but I worked on it and now enjoy my life like I never could when I was suffering. Shyness will almost certainly affect your self confidence in a bad way so you need to do something about it.
- Find your motives. What most motivates you? 1. success and achievement 2. giving to others 3. being loved. Once you know what motivates you then you can plan what to do to become more confident. Be careful about the third option though because being dependent on others for their approval and love is another trap so many people fall into.
- Know your strengths and your limits. Start with your strengths as these are positive. What are your real strengths? How can you live your life and use these strengths more? This requires self awareness. Spending time to better know yourself is the beginning of real self improvement and is never time wasted. After you list your strengths you do need to consider your limits so that you can decide where you need to improve or if there are things you should choose to avoid. Be careful not to confuse your real limits with your negative beliefs about your abilities. Honesty with yourself is a big part of self awareness.
The Most Important thing to Remember
We have looked aat some real steps you can take now to boost your self confidence and I have one final thing to say here. The most important factor of all in regards to your self esteem or confidence is what you think you can do, what you think and not what others tell you.
So be bold and go for it! Decide yourself what you will do and how you will do it and don’t give up until you succeed. The rewards are well worth it! So become confident today!
Take action and increase your self confidence! Download this recommended self hypnosis program now:
Self Confidence Trainer
The Self Confidence Trainer leads you step-by-step towards greater confidence and self esteem.