One of the most important factors in building your self esteem and confidence is your self awareness. But what exactly is it, why is it important and how can you become more self aware?
Being self aware is knowing:
- what you want in your life
- your strengths and weaknesses
- what motivates you and makes you happy
- what you want to change about yourself or about your life
- your achievements so far
- how you relate to others
- you need to improve as a person
- your most important beliefs and values
- how you see yourself as a person
There are other factors that could be added. The last one above has a direct relation to your sense of self value and self esteem.
Why is self awareness important?
If you want to change your life in any way you need to know yourself before you can act. You need to know what you need to do to head in the right direction and you can’t do that until you know yourself.
In addition, being self aware will mean that you will be better able to choose a suitable career which will satisfy you. Self awareness can enrich your life because you can then move closer to living your values and realizing your dreams.
Becoming self aware does not mean being selfish though. Discovering the inner you will enable you to give more of yourself to others and this will benefit your relationships as well as helping to build your self esteem and confidence as you become truer to yourself …
If self confidence is a problem in your life then find out how to Build your Self Confidence – Hypnosis downloads – quick, easy and guaranteed to help you build your confidence (prepared by experienced psychologists and gets my full recommendation)
How can you become more self aware?
I believe problems in life make you more aware of who you are so that you can develop physically, mentally and spiritually.
Becoming self aware is an ongoing process. Make it your priority to get to know yourself, your dreams, achievements, strengths and weaknesses. How? Here’s some suggestions:
- websites – self improvement, spiritual growth. See my links section for recommended sites.
- self help books – I have listed some great books to buy from Amazon.com which will help you. Most of these books I have personally read or own and they are my choices click to see my list of recommended self help books now
- be your own life coach – how? Read this great little book and get you started – it’s called The Pocket Life Coach by Clare Gaskell. I’ve used it and loved it. You will too! You can coach yourself spending as little as ten minutes a day in thought and planning so that you know where you want to go. This book will motivate you because you will feel you are making decisions about your life and becoming more self aware with each page you turn. Click to buy the Pocket Life Coach
- beliefs and values – your religious and moral beliefs. When you have examined your beliefs and values you should start to live accordingly. If your life places you in conflict with your values or beliefs you will be in a very difficult place. You need to confront and deal with these issues.
For now, I will leave it there but there are so many other areas in which this could go.
Visit these related pages:
self hypnosis – information about self hypnosis and downloads which will help you cure many problems you may be facing
What’s the secret of self esteem?
Get “Self Esteem Secrets” and find out…
(The Price is going up again so get a copy now!)
“I want to say that the book is full of quality practical ideas to improve self-esteem. I would definitely recommend it”