In this short article I would like to show you why you should not feel guilty about putting yourself first..
Is putting yourself first selfish?
Many people will tell you that putting yourself first is selfish. You may even believe this to be true. I am not saying ignore others and think only of yourself because that is selfish…
What I am saying is that you need to give your own desires and goals priority sometimes or you will not be able to move forward as a person. Think of it like this – to contribute to the world and be helpful to others you first need to be the best you can be. If you are unhappy and running around trying to make happy you will suffer..
When you live a full creative life with joy and satisfaction you can grow and develop and you will be able to help others to do the same. It is not selfish to be better than you are and make the best contribution to the world and those you come into daily contact with. Deal with your responsibilities but also make time for yourself and don’t let others take over.
What are the benefits of putting yourself first?
- you will be better able to help others – because you will be OK
- others will take you more seriously
- you will feel less stressed
- your self esteem will improve
How to put yourself first?
It is very easy to let others tell you what to do, especially if you are suffering from low self esteem. If you’re not careful you can become overwhelmed by demands that others place on you. A balance is necessary between work commitments, family responsibilities and you time.
So, how can you get that balance and put yourself first? Here are a few suggestions:
- Learn how to be more assertive
- Don’t feel guilty about saying no sometimes
- Explain to others what you want and that you have a right to some time to yourself
- Don’t get trapped in relationships which are abusive or damaging to yourself – you don’t deserve that
- Build your Self Confidence – Hypnosis downloads – quick, easy and guaranteed to help you build your confidence (prepared by experienced psychologists and gets my full recommendation)
- Listen to what your body is telling you. Don’t allow others to pressure you into doing things when you don’t feel up to it
- Use the incredible power of self hypnosis. Download this self hypnosis program – “putting yourself first” now
I hope you enjoyed this article, be sure to check other articles available on this site. I also recommend the archive of self esteem newsletters where you can find six years worth of advice and tips for improving your self esteem..
next article – life satisfaction