Want to improve your self esteem? Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Focus on your achievements – if you take time to think you will realize that you have achieved so many things in your life. It doesn’t matter what these achievements are only that they are important to you. List them and remember what they meant to you. It doesn’t matter what you think about your life at present if you are honest with yourself you will make a long list and that will make you feel good. Every small thing you are proud of should be added to your list. The fact that you are focusing on positives will also help you to increase your level of self esteem.
- Make plans for the future – following from above the next thing to do is stop wasting time and procrastinating get planning! What would you like to do but felt you couldn’t? Time to decide for yourself that you will do it now! Make a list of things you want to do or want to change and start thinking about how to make a start. Then take a breath and just begin. you won’t look back!
- What you like about yourself – if you have low self esteem you probably keep reflecting on the things you don’t like about yourself but if you reverse this thinking it is much more helpful. What do your friends like about you? Have you ever asked yourself that or even better, have you ever asked them? After you have listed all the things you like about yourself then the negative things seem smaller and less harmful.
- What can you change that will make you feel better about yourself? There are two kinds of changes you may wish to focus on. The first are changes in your life and how you live it. Ask yourself are you happy in your job? Is it satisfying? Is there something else you’d rather do? What about your relationships or your social life? If you would like to be more assertive for example then start working on that immediately. Click on this link to get Assertiveness Training – a really helpful self hypnosis download that will help you enormously. Whatever it is that you feel you need to change then go ahead and do it. this will make you feel more in control of your life and your self esteem will begin to pick up.
- Accept yourself and who you are – there are many things about your personality and character and your life that you may not be able to change and that shouldn’t hold you back. Learn to accept those things and understand why you can still be happy and feel good about yourself despite these things. Try saying – well at least I am reasonably well off or at least whatever you can think of that is positive. At least turns a negative into a positive.
- Disabilities are big hang-ups for many but a disability doesn’t have to be an obstacle to your self esteem. If you have a disability no matter what it is then understand that there are many people with disabilities both physical and mental who have refused to let themselves feel low because of it. The attitude you have is the most important thing. Your self esteem depends not on your disability but on your reaction to it, how you think about it. The idea is to change your attitude and thinking not the disability which may be permanent. Your self esteem is not set in stone it can be improved as you work on yourself. I think you can indeed escape. You have decided what you can or cannot do, change that and you can escape the prison which is your attitude. A shining example of this is Amy Purdy, who lost both her legs at the age of 19 but kept following her dreams to become a professional snowboarder – despite all the obstacles, she became the world’s top ranked adaptive female snowboarder, and she has been actively helping out others with disabilities. Check out the video below, extremely inspirational!
- There is much more help on other pages in this website – here are a few more pages to read:
Low Self Esteem
Improving Self Esteem
One of the best things you can do to improve your self esteem is to try out self-hypnosis. This is not like what you see in the movies – no one is going to trick you into a sleeping state or have you at their mercy. You remain fully aware and conscious. In fact, in a way you become more aware than ever, and are presented with the opportunity to re-evaluate certain patterns of behaviour and thinking. Listening to empowering suggestions crafted by skilled and experienced psychologists, you naturally become more flexible and creative. And so you naturally feel better about yourself and more ready to take on the challenges of life.
Uncommon Knowledge offers a lot of excellent self-hypnosis courses. I highly recommend the Build your Self Confidence to start with – it is quick and easy to get acquainted with, and I guarantee it will help build your confidence. Remember, these courses are crafted by experienced psychologists using data from a vast selection of studies to help provide the best results. I have tried these courses myself and give them my highest recommendation. Self-confidence is key – if you feel more confident you will naturally feel better about yourself and your life in general and will see a wonderful jump in your self esteem level. So what are you waiting for? Get started today.
|“I have been visiting this site a while and it’s fantastic. Whenever I’m feeling bad about myself it gives me a real lift. The advice on here is second to none and has made me feel like a better person. Thanks for your words of inspiration.”
Before you go – If you’re serious about improving your self esteem, I also recommend you download this fantastic self-hypnosis program – Building Self Esteem. This is one of the first programs I tried through Uncommong Knowledge and it works like a charm! It is designed to help you obtain the inner strength you need to overcome difficulties, improve your social and working relationships and help improve your overall self-confidence. Give it a try and let me know what you think!