Many people who lack self confidence find that in social situations they feel uncomfortable or unnatural. Do you feel uneasy in social situations and have problems being yourself? If you do then what should you do to improve your social skills and self confidence?
If you’ve ever been in a social situation where whatever you said came out wrong and everything you did seemed awkward and out of character then you’re not alone as nearly everyone has experienced this at sometime. If, however, this is so regular that you just feel you can’t be yourself socially then two things are happening: you’re very nervous and your self confidence is lacking when you need it most. You may also have social anxiety. Luckily, you can not only cope with this but also make it work to your advantage! So, how can you actually improve your social skills and overcome your shyness?
1. Nerves are good, actors use their nervousness in a positive way to improve their performance. How? Laugh at it, make a joke about it! Don’t take it so seriously and try to settle yourself with laughter. Everybody knows what it is like to be nervous, you just need to overcome it. Try slowing down a second or two and relaxing your breathing. Click here to read more about relaxation techniques. Once you have relaxed a little go for it.
2. Smile – this automatically makes you look more confident, less self conscious and relaxes your facial muscles. If you look more confident people will respond better which in turn will make you feel more at ease and relaxed.
3. Dress in a way to make yourself feel comfortable and in a suitable way for the situation. This will make you feel better about yourself.
4. Whatever the situation is from socializing at a party to making a public speech make sure you prepare for the situation as well as you can so that you’ll be ready with words when you need them.
5. There are many ways to improve your self confidence generally and this is explained in this fantastic Quick Self Confidence Program – Download now! Also I recommend you buy the CD Trainer which is a wonderful tool which will enable you to build your self esteem and confidence step by step and make this change permanent. I only recommend it because I have benefited from it myself.
The main problem with being yourself socially is that people make judgements quickly so you want to not only look confident, feel relaxed but also have the courage to speak honestly and express your true feelings (except when they would hurt someone of course). In order to do this you will need to have the self esteem to help you to value yourself and your right to speak out.
This website has the aim of building your self esteem so please make sure you use as much of the information I have written as you can. If you believe in yourself and know your opinions and values are worthy of being expressed then you will be able to speak and behave in a way which is true to yourself. So give your opinions and don’t be worried about disagreeing with others. Most people enjoy a well thought out discussion and will respect another persons opinion provided it is expressed convincingly. If you ever try to say something you do not truly believe in then it will come out unnaturally and you will not be taken seriously.
Being yourself socially is something you can with careful attention get better and better at with practice. Start today being true to who you are and believe in yourself and your point of view. When you give more of yourself to others they will respond and your relationships will also improve.
Want to be yourself in social situations? Here’s a wonderful way to achieve this. Download Being Yourself Socially now. It will help you retrain your unconscious responses to social situations so you are able to be more relaxed, communicate fluently and become more popular by being the real you.