by Karl Perera
In this article I’d like to cover the following points:
- Why being critical is a very bad idea
- how the law of attraction works and how being less critical will change your life
- how to be less critical
Why Being Critical Is A Very Bad Idea
So often we seem to find ourselves in situations which seem disappointing or downright depressing. When you find yourself in a phase of your life where nothing seems to be going right or where you are and what you’re doing just doesn’t excite you any more, then you need to take a long hard look at your thinking and ask yourself the following question:
How critical am I?
It seems obvious that you need to be positive and it also seems obvious that when things are not going well it is very easy to be critical. Like you, I realise that sometimes I complain and seem to focus on what is wrong and on what I have in my life that I don’t like. I hear myself complaining and saying over and over again that ı can’t stand this or that…
The problem with being critical is that you put all your energy and all your focus on what is wrong which makes you more depressed and more frustrated and builds your anger and stress levels. These are all ways to get depressed. We all know how depression traps you and clouds your mind with negativity and this makes it impossible to get yourself out of the situation you find yourself in.
Being critical is counterproductive to what you want. If you want to make things better you need to be positive and you need to focus and believe that things will get better.
The law of attraction
The law of attraction states that whatever you place your focus on is what you get more of. Therefore, if your thinking is always negative you will get more of the things that you are complaining about. On the other hand, if you are positive and think about all the good things in your life or the things you want in your life then you’re going to attract those good things more and more…
I’ve had a lot of difficulties over the last few years living in a strange new country with a very different culture and attitudes. I am guilty of complaining and when I think about it now I can’t believe just how critical I have been. Whenever I change my thinking and become positive it doesn’t take long for good things to happen. I have seen so many examples of this that is seems to me that the mind really does influence your future. of course it’s easy to talk about being positive but how do you do that? Here’s how – read this and learn why it is so important to think more positively
How can you learn how to be less critical?
- Start each day by saying thanks for all the good things in your life
- You control how you think and this shapes your future – make a decision to be less critical
- Download Be less critical – self hypnosis program – it will help you quickly!
- If you hear yourself think or say something negative stop and add some positive comments or change what you have said to be more positive
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want
- Use a vision board with pictures and affirmations showing what you want in your life
- Do whatever you can to be positive, read about optimism here
Good luck and I wish you success in 2009!
Visit my self help and prosperity blog and give yourself a lift!!